The Drop In will be back Tuesday 30 January.
Bible Studies continue this week – Monday at 10.00am (looking at Colossians) & Wednesday at 7.00pm (Looking at Acts.) All welcome.
The Op Shop is looking for black plastic coat-hangers. If you can help, please see Margaret MacDonald.
Early reminders for February
As we start to get back from holidays, here are some early reminders for some dates and things to start thinking about:
• The First Friday Feast for February is 2nd February - and the theme is feathers. Think chicken, duck, eggs, or even Bird's Eye Peas!
• The Op Shop opens for trade from Saturday 3rd February
• Lent starts early this year, and our Pancake Tuesday Party will be on Tuesday 13th February.
• Wednesday, 14th – Ash Wednesday.
• Our first Monthly Morning Prayer is on February 17th and we pray for those in our local Emergency Services. Our hospitals, police, ambulances, social services, fire brigades and others that do so much for our communities in time of unforeseen emergency
First Friday Feast Fridge Magnet!
For those that would like more warning of our First Friday Feast dates and themes, please help yourself to a fridge magnet, to keep it front of mind. A flyer of other dates for the year ahead will be published in February, after our first Parish Council meeting for the year.
Planning works are underway to repair our roof and sand back our Hall floor, thanks to our success in receiving a Community Grant and raising some additional funds. As work progresses we will keep you updated.
St John’s History
Dorothy Straesser will be taking on the role of St John's Archivist, and help research any enquiries that come through on St John's history or early parishioners. In February we'd like to start collecting any old photos or memorabilia on St John's that you may have at home and bring them along for us to scan and record. Start looking and see what you can come up with!
Hall for Hire
Our Hall is now available for hire on Wednesdays during the day - if you know of anyone that may be interested in the community, please let them know to contact Tracey.